Te Omanga Hospice is currently offering the following opportunity/opportunities to join the team. We look forward to hearing from you!
Finance and Risk ManagerMay 30th, 2017
Te Omanga Hospice is a not-for-profit organisation that provides specialist palliative care to people living with a life limiting condition in the Hutt Valley.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Finance and Risk Manager to effectively and efficiently manage the financial and operational risks of the organisation.
Key responsibilities for this newly created role will include:
- Management of accurate, timely and cost effective maintenance of all financial records
- Preparation of financial and operational monthly and annual reports
- Prompt payment of suppliers
- Management of cash flow including the investment of surplus funds
- Preparation of draft financial budgets
- Preparation of annual financial statements and liaison with an external auditor
- Management of capital expenditure within budget
- Assistance to non-clinical managers to recognise and record operational risks in the Risk Register
- Maintenance of an up-to-date set of Risk Management policies covering the Health and Safety Work Act 2015
- Maintenance of the legislative compliance programme for Te Omanga Hospice
- To positively support and develop the Finance and Payroll Administrator direct report.
To be successful in this role you will need to be a fully qualified Accounting Technician experienced in Risk and Quality management, Xero and payroll applications. You will need strong analytical skills including the use of Excel and a detailed understanding of accounts payable and receivable processes. Experience in working with a not-for-profit organisation recording the variety of fundraising activities and experience in financial process improvement would be an advantage.
You will enjoy working as a team member, be flexible, self disciplined and have a high level of integrity and discretion. You will possess excellent time management skills, communication skills (written and oral) and well developed people management skills.
You will need a valid and clean full NZ driver’s licence.
If you would like to join our amazing team and feel capable and willing to align with our values of Compassion, Learning, Partnership and Respect we would love to hear from you.
Applications close on Friday 9 June at 4.30pm.
Please email email@example.com for an application pack.