Here are the details to submit a referral for someone, who requires our support, within the Greater Hutt Valley region.
To make a referral via PalCare, please complete this referral form.
Or the form below.
Email form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Te Omanga Hospice supports people living in the Hutt Valley and Wairarapa regions. If you live in Wellington, Porirua or the Kapiti Coast and need palliative care support, please contact Mary Potter Hospice.
Te Omanga Hospice has a set Referral Criteria on the hospice’s programme of care.
This includes being a resident of the Greater Hutt region to be able to receive care from Te Omanga Hospice.
Patients with a life limiting illness who have:
- Active/Progressive/Advanced disease where the focus is now quality of life
- Psychological distress related to palliative care
- Physical uncontrolled symptoms related to palliative care
- Complex end-of-life care
Te Omanga will accept referrals from:
- GP/practice nurse
- Hospital teams
- Residential Care
- Patients and family (needs to be in consultation with GP, GP will remain involved with care)
- Community agencies, for example, mental health
- Other hospices/palliative care services