Te Omanga Hospice has a set Referral Criteria on the hospice’s programme of care. You also must be a resident of the Greater Hutt region to receive care from Te Omanga Hospice.
Patients with a life limiting illness who have:
- Active/Progressive/Advanced disease where the focus is now quality of life
- Psychological distress related to palliative care
- Physical uncontrolled symptoms related to palliative care
- Complex end of life care
Te Omanga will accept referrals from:
- GP/practice nurse
- Hospital teams
- Residential Care
- Patients and family (needs to be in consultation with GP, GP will remain involved with care)
- Community agencies, for example, mental health
- Other hospices/palliative care services
For more information about referral to Te Omanga Hospice and our Referral Criteria, please click here to download form.
For more information about referral criteria for Te Omanga Hospice’s Psychosocial Referral Criteria, please click here to view pdf.