Every year in July we host The Vintners’ Lunch, which is our largest annual fundraising event. The event began in 2008 and showcases some of Wellington’s finest culinary talents through a six course degustation luncheon.
The hospice secures the talents of six chefs to create original courses. We are pleased to welcome the following chefs to our 2021 luncheon:
- Sylvester Nair – Sarah Searancke Catering
- Yufei Xie – OLI & MI Kitchen
- Laura Greenfield – Field & Green
- Laurent Loudeac – Tartines French Cafe
- Jonathon Dowling – Soprano Petone
- Ashish Dhar, Executive Chef Sarin Hotels.
Our sell-out ‘Hearts of Gold’ Vintners’ Lunch was on Sunday 4 July 2021. An astonishing $300,434 was raised for people living with terminal or life limiting illnesses in the Hutt Valley. What an amazing result. A heartfelt thank you to everyone who made the event such a success.
The ongoing success of Vintners’ Lunch ensures we are able to raise funds which enable us to continue to provide specialist care to people with a terminal or life limiting illness.