Building a purpose-built hospice gives us an opportunity to create something special for our community; a place in which we can continue to provide the very best care, support and lasting life memories for patients and their families for many years to come.
Following the Christchurch earthquakes, our hospice was assessed as earthquake prone and the decision was made to rebuild it on the current site at Woburn Road. Our new hospice will sit in the same beautiful environment and have a similar footprint to the current building. However, it will include better facilities and improved efficiencies, contributing to our long-term economic sustainability. It will also be safer for everyone – our patients and their families, staff and volunteers.
Since moving to our temporary home at 38 Britannia Street in Petone in September 2017, it is now vital we raise around $10 million to fund the building of our new hospice. Now, more than ever, we need your support to raise much needed funds.
“Without a sense of caring there can be no sense of community” Anthony J D’Angelo
There are many ways you can help:
- Gift a room – have one of the rooms named after you, your family or business
- Gift a Day of Care – a way to remember someone special or an opportunity for businesses to show their support
- Gift of time – are you a keen fundraiser? Choose Te Omanga Hospice as the recipient charity for your next fundraiser
- Gift a gift – there are so many items our new hospice needs!
- Gift a legacy – consider leaving a gift in your will
- Gift a donation – more than anything at this time, we need money to progress our building project. Make a secure online donation now.
If you’d like more information on ways you can support our new hospice, please call Biddy Harford on 04 566 6150 or email email@example.com